As of today, you can now play Survival Mode in Fallout 4 on your Xbox One, thanks to update 1.5 that went live earlier today. For those that have not been keeping up on this Bethesda title, this is the “brutal difficultly” mode for Fallout 4. In this mode the game becomes less about killing and looting, and more about resource management.
In Survival mode every bullet matters. You must carefully watch your sleep, hunger, and more. Items are much harder to find, and to make matters worse, Fast Travel and Quick Save are also disabled. For a full list of changes, check out Bethesda’s Blog.
Various bugs have also been addressed with this new patch. According to Bethesda’s website, the following things have been fixed:
Fallout 4 1.5 Patch Notes:
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
- Fixed issue with “Appropriation” where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
- In “The Nuclear Option,” entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
- Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
- While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
- Fixed issue with “Defend the Castle” where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
- During “The Nuclear Option,” fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
- Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly
- Fixed occasional flashing issue with entering and exiting Power Armor
- Fixed issue where terminals would not work properly after downloading and initializing an Add-On from the Add-Ons menu
So, do you have what it takes to complete Fallout 4 in Survival Mode? Or is it out of your league? Let us know in the comments down below.