It feels like Sea of Thieves is fast becoming one of the most regularly updated games available. While there are obviously performance upgrades and improvements included among these, there’s also a lot of new content regularly being added to the game. As most people’s complaint with the game was a lack of content, this can only be a good thing. Well, the team at Rare are at it again adding Gilded gifts for the holiday period.
Here are the official patch notes as well as a teaser trailer for the update –
With our final patch of the year, we’re adding in a little festive treat in the form of Gilded Gifts for all, handed down by the Pirate Lord himself!
Make sure you pop by any Tavern to collect one of these special Gilded Voyages from Duke. While you’re there, why not enjoy a grog by the fire and enjoy the festive decorations?
‘Tis the season to be jolly! As we approach the end of an incredible year for Sea of Thieves, the Pirate Lord has decided to reward the sheer volume of piracy displayed with a gift for every pirate who sails the seas during December, in an initiative he’s calling Gilded Gifts.
Wondering what he has in store for you? Visit Duke at any Outpost tavern this month and purchase a Gilded Voyage for the fine sum of 0 Doubloons. This special voyage type with its high-value rewards will add some real holiday joy to your inventory. But choose carefully: you can only buy one!
The pirates at the Outposts have also gotten into the celebratory spirit and have put out a sprinkling of festive decorations. A perfect backdrop for those end-of-year crew photos.
- Loading Times – Loading times into the game have been reduced, so pirates now load in to the front end more quickly than before. The pirate selection carousel also loads in more quickly.
- Commendation Progress – Improved UI layout of Commendation details for Bilge Rat Adventures.
- Bone Crusher Cannons – Modified the Bone Crusher Cannons following feedback to improve visibility when aiming.
- Banana Key Binding – The key binding for quick cycling to your bananas has been reset. If you’ve assigned or customised the button/key that quick cycles to bananas, please reassign this to restore it.
- Commendation Audio – New music and SFX when receiving Commendations.
- Fog Audio – Music and SFX for fog are now triggered earlier.
- Multiple server and client crashes have been resolved.
We are constantly reviewing the performance and stability of each patch and providing performance optimisations and stability improvements.
- Dropping a Gunpowder Barrel on a Rowboat attached to the rear of a Sloop will no longer cause it to explode.
- The ‘Take All’ function now correctly takes Tattered Parchments found in Barrels.
- Players who migrate and subsequently die whilst a voyage is active will no longer lose progress for voyage Commendations.
- The Legendary Lantern now emits a correctly coloured glow.
- Lanterns will no longer refresh the Flame of Fate colour when stowing and unstowing.
- Resolved an issue that prevented Skeleton Forts from despawning when players were engaging with a Skeleton Ship.
- Treasure dropped on the headboard of the Galleon will no longer become stuck in the ship structure and become irretrievable.
- Floating Mermaid Gems will now sink slowly before disappearing rather than disappearing on the surface.
- Mouse button prompts now correctly display the correct buttons to press.
- Resolved nameplate error where lines could be seen above nameplates.
- Resolved erroneous SFX on capstan.
- The intro animation is no longer silent when switching to another full-screen app on Xbox One. The sequence is now skipped when the title loses full-screen visibility.
- “Waiting to set sail” now correctly displays in the lobby when joining a crew.
- Fog is now included in reflections.
- Hunter of Cursed Captains achievement description corrected to require 1000 Skulls to be handed in.
- Fixed a visible gap in the archway of the underground cave at Sailor’s Bounty.
- Players no longer get stuck between rocks on the east part of Kraken’s Fall.
- Resolved area of mismatched collision on the ground outside the weapon shop at Ancient Spire Outpost.
- Player no longer fall through the ground on the west side of Smuggler’s Bay.
- Resolved a chance for players to receive a Lazybeard error when being invited by a player who is in the game.
- Resolved a chance for players to receive Pythonbeard error when getting drunk and wielding items.
Founding Xbox Enthusiast member and serious guitar player. Basically, Steve rocks. Need we say more?