The development team at Fatshark have done a fantastic job with the Warhammer Vermintide games. Despite having zero knowledge of the Warhammer franchise I found the first game to be really gripping and a total blast. I’ve yet to try out the second game as I have such a huge backlog of games (I still haven’t even installed The Witcher 3 which has been on my shelf for years). Well, if you have been playing Warhammer Vermintide 2 then you’ll be interested to know that Fatshark has announced the release date for the first expansion to the game. Winds of Magic will introduce a new enemy faction as well as bringing a new level and game mode. It will also raise the level cap alongside some other additions.
You can check out a trailer for Winds of Magic below along with the official description –
The first expansion for Warhammer: Vermintide 2 brings a brand new enemy faction and new challenges to the game. As a meteor crashes down in the Reikland, Beastmen emerge from the depths of the Reikwald forest and rush to the epicenter to claim it as a Herdstone. It is up to the five heroes to stop them before a dreadful disaster strikes the Empire.
- New Enemy Faction: Beastmen – As grotesque hybrids of humans and beasts the Beastmen have the intelligence of a man and the cunning of wild animals. These savage warriors embrace Chaos willingly and will show no compassion or nobility. With profound malice for order and reason, these Children of Chaos want to end the world in bloody carnage.
- New Higher Difficulty – Cataclysm is back, now even harder.
- Raised Level Cap – Raised from level 30 to level 35, and with new talents to match.
- New Progression System – All new, and separate Winds of Magic specific progression system along with Weave Forged versions of all weapon types.
- 5 New Weapons – One for each hero
– Kerillian has a shield and spear.
– Sienna can swing her flames with a flaming flail.
– Bardin has a new set of throwing axes.
– Saltzpyre now has a billhook.
– Kruber can use a heavy spear.
- New Adventure Level: Dark Omens – Fight the mighty and strong Beastmen together with your friends in a challenging new level.
- New Game Mode: Winds of Magic – Bring your friends and try to complete a new set of challenges with increasing difficulties in the weaves of the eight Winds of Magic.
The winds of magic are made up of different “weaves” and will be a combination of:
– Map: A chunk of an existing adventure map.
– Wind: The different Winds of Magic will affect and modify the map.
– Objective: Each map will have a specific objective for players to complete.
– Finale: If the objective is completed the players will face the final challenge.
– Difficulty: As players progress the difficulty will increase.